Missing labels in ColorGrid

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
Sinna

Missing labels in ColorGrid

Post by Sinna » Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:02 pm

When plotting a ColorGrid with the command .AddXYZ() sometimes not all the labels are displayed.

It seems that the control doesn't have enough time to (re)paint.
When adding a DoEvents() after each row, the labels are displayed correctly but the painting is very slow (read: too slow) and the CPU-usage boosts up (from about 5% to 70%).

Is there any way to force the teeChart to display all labels without the DoEvents() calls?

Note: using the Win32 API LockWindowUpdate is not an option. The CPU-load is also 70% and when releasing the window, other windows are flickering.

Please advise.

Sinna

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:52 am

Hi Sinna,

could you please post the code you're using to populate the series ? I cannot reproduce the problem here. Maybe the problem is there's not space to draw all the axis labels ?

Sinna

Post by Sinna » Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:24 am

It is very difficult to give you a code snippet reproducing the missing labels because the code is part of a large project.
For as far as I see, it has nothing to do with the available space for the label but with the EventPump in VB (I suppose it's not named like that).
It seems like VB interrupts the EventHandling causing the 'Paint'-routine to fail.

When I have a working example, I'll post it here.

Thanks anyway.