InstalShield problem replacing Evaluation vers. of TeeChart

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
Haris

InstalShield problem replacing Evaluation vers. of TeeChart

Post by Haris » Fri Mar 26, 2004 6:03 am

Greetings fellow TeeCharteers,

I am having a problem with InstallShield installer. It is not replacing the TeeChart Pro AX v6 Evaluation version ocx file with the full version we received after purchase.

I added the evaluation version to the InstallShield project file and all was good. After installing the full version I deleted the Eval version and added the full version in the InstallShield project file. Problems occur on some computers who installed the program with the eval version. Installing the program with the newer version they still see the message "Evaluation version expired". (therefore installation didnt replace the eval version ocx file with the full version).

I am suspecting dll's, ocx's and exe's are compared based on their version and both eval and full versions have same version. Am I missing something or can someone with some knowledge of InstallShield point me towards the solution.

Thank you
Haris

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:08 am

Hi Haris,

before to install the registered version you must uninstall the Eval version. Try to uninstall all the TeeChart version you have installed on your system and install again the registered.

Haris

Post by Haris » Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:32 pm

Greetings, Thanks for the reply,

I did uninstall the Eval Version before installing the proper version.
The build machine which creates the InstallShields is ok. It never has problems.

It is the target machines to which the program is installed by InstallShield that do not get the previously installed version of the program (with Eval version of TeeChart) updated with the new version of TeeChart.

Thanks

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:52 am

Hi Haris,

have you read the Tutorial 18 - TeeChart runtime installation requirements ?
Are you registering the ocx when after you copy it to the hard disk ?