Printer Settings

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
Fred

Printer Settings

Post by Fred » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:58 pm

I have a color printer and I want it to print in black and white mode my custom TeeChart. I work on VC++ 6.0.

I used the CPrintDlg dialog box to modify the printer settings. This code works because when i look the printer settings in Windows 2000, the modifications i made were correctly saved. In my code, I called next the GetPrinterDescription and SetPrinterIndex to link my TChart with the correct printer. In my custom TeePreviewPanel, I call the AddChartLink method to link my TChart to the TeePreviewPanel. I call next the PrintPage Method. But The PrintPage method does not use the modified printer settings. Why?

Because i create a custom TeeChart, i cannot use the ShowPreview Method to do this. I create my own TeePreviewPanel with my own behaviors. All works fine except that i cannot modify printer settings. Is there a solution?

thanx

Fred

Post by Fred » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:50 am

Any idea?

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:23 am

Hi Fred,

I've just tried here (using vb), chaning the the printer settings of a printer to Black & White, and then just using :

TeePreviewPanel1.Chart = TChart1
TeePreviewPanel1.PrintPage

worked fine. Have you tried if changing th printer settings through Windows "Printers and Faxes" option works fine for you ?

Bush

Post by Bush » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:17 am

I'am also breaking my neck on the same issue; I have exactly the same problem in VB.
I also created a custom printdialog and everything works fine, except color settings.
When windows print color settings are in color; and application is started, printing is done in color
When window print color settings are black & white, and application is started, printing is done in b&w
Using the settings button from the tc print preview, works indeed. And changing the settings with this button has no influence on windows print settings, which is great. I tried with vb commondialog and ms vbprinter dialog.dll(pss). Printer.colormode has apparantly no influence on color settings.
I hope Teechart will come with an answer soon :(
Bush

Fred

Post by Fred » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:51 am

When I change the printer settings through Windows "Printers and Faxes" option, it didn't work. It's still printing in Color Mode.

It didn't work either when using the CPrintDlg CommonDialog. Same problem as Bush but in VC++ 6.0. I cannot ask the user to change the settings by using the Windows Settings. You should try to modify the printer settings by code and you will see that TChart doesn't use the settings modified.

My custom TChart is a Draw of many TCharts in a single one to obtain a WYSIWYG Combo of TChart (this means it keeps the color of background, axes ...). Maybe this could help.

I use TeeChart V6

PS : Edit of my reply after several tests.
Last edited by Fred on Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fred

Post by Fred » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:52 pm

I really need help please.

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marc » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:46 am

Hello,

TeeChart loads the Windows-set printing options when loading an instance. Changing those settings at Windows level will not then change update the local printer settings after the Chart is loaded. Isolated in that way means that TeeChart print settings do not affect the Windows defaults.

We're looking at options. One option would be for us to add a method to TeeChart's Printer interface that calls the Printer Setup dialog directly (the same dialog that you see if Window's 'Printing Preferences' for a printer or when you press the 'Setup' button in a conventional TeeChart Print Preview). That could be used at application level.

If that is acceptable we'll go ahead and include that in the next maintenance release.

Regards,
Marc Meumann
Steema Support

Fred

Post by Fred » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:46 pm

thanx for your answer

jti

Re: Printer Settings

Post by jti » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:25 pm

In what version was this problem fixed?

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Printer Settings

Post by Narcís » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:42 am

Hello,

Given that was discussed in April 2006, that was done for v7.0.0.7 as you can see here.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum