[TeeChart2010.0.0.3ActiveX] TeeChart hang ???

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
HHYen

[TeeChart2010.0.0.3ActiveX] TeeChart hang ???

Post by HHYen » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:26 am

We have 2 applications(c# console, .net 4.0) ChartMaker.exe and SpecMaker.exe which
are raised by web application(ASP.Net MVC2 on IIS). So there might be many processes running
at the same time as you can imagined. But somehow we can not "New" teeChart component anymore every 3 or 4 weeks.
The program just stop at the line : "var tChart = new TChart();" and just hang there(the process would not be terminated). So we can
see a lot of processes in task manager. We don't know how to recover this but to restart the server.
After rebooting, it works again, until couple weeks later....

It happened 3 times after we released the system to production. Somehow it never happened in pilot server(the same hardware spec..the same OS version).
The only differences between production and pilot server is server loading(As I can imagined.....)
We new teeChart component in Parallel.ForEach loop for performance reason. I don't know if this really matters but it's totally ok even if we draw
dozens of charts at the same time. We've done stress test on pilot server. We launched about 20 processes and each process draw dozens of charts.
It's totally ok. We can not reproduce this error.

Please help us. At least tell us how to recover except for restarting the server.
Thank you very much.

HHYen

Re: [TeeChart2010.0.0.3ActiveX] TeeChart hang ???

Post by HHYen » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:18 am

sorry..forgot to give you OS version

TeeChart Version : TeeChart2010.0.0.3ActiveX

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:12 am

Hello,

If you are creating more and more charts without removing them, maybe it's just that the machine resources have been exceeded.
As you say, there are many processes running after a pair of weeks. You could try manually killing some of these processes directly in the Task Manager to see if the problem is postponed.
If the end of resources is confirmed to be the cause of the problem, maybe you should consider to add some routine in your application to automatically kill some of that tasks when they aren't needed any more.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

HHYen

Post by HHYen » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:15 am

Hello. Yeray ,

Sorry..maybe I did not make myself clear. Please forgive my poor English.
I mean the processes would not be terminated because of teeChart component. (Because it just stop at "var tChart = new TChart();" without any exceptions)
Normally all the processes would be ended without any errors. Once something happens to teeChart component(don't know why..that's why I'm here..)
, all processes using teeChart start to hang.....
The processes are getting more and more since users still launch applications from IIS and all the processes would not be ended by itself because of teeChart component.
Please notice that all processes end itself normally before something happens to teeChart.
That's why we saw a lot of dead processes in Task Manager.
And the worst of all, the problem would not be solved until we restart the server.
It's useless even if we kill all the dead processes. New processes using teeChart still hang.......

I hope I make myself more clear this time. ^_^

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:33 pm

Hi,

Yes, I think I understand you now.
You could try with the latest version (v2011.0.0.4) to see if the problem is still reproducible with it. If the problem is still reproducible with the latest version, it would be nice if you could try to arrange a simple example project we can run as-is to reproduce the problem here.
Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy