Checkbox issue in teechart7

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
Chen Yang

Checkbox issue in teechart7

Post by Chen Yang » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:48 am

Hi,

We used the Teechart7 in our product. There is an issue about checkbox in the chart. Our customer doesn't plan to upgrade product(they will continue to use our old version product, which contains Teechart7). Could you please provide a fix for this?

Issue description:
The checkbox can't be checked/unchecked in the Chart when there is many Series. But in Editing dialog selecting/unselecting the checkboxes work fine.

I attached the snapshot. We can provide the issue environment if you need.
Attachments
checkbox_defect.png
checkbox_defect.png (118.08 KiB) Viewed 24480 times

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Checkbox issue in teechart7

Post by Yeray » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:42 am

Hi Chen,

I've tried to reproduce it in VB6 and TeeChart ActiveX v7.0.1.6 with the following code but the checkboxes in the legend still seem to work for me here:

Code: Select all

TChart1.Aspect.View3D = False
  TChart1.Legend.CheckBoxes = True
  TChart1.Legend.Alignment = laBottom

Dim i As Integer
  For i = 0 To 10
    TChart1.AddSeries scBar
    TChart1.Series(i).FillSampleValues 31
    TChart1.Series(i).Title = "My long series title " + Str$(i + 1)
    If i Mod 2 <> 0 Then
      TChart1.Series(i).Active = False
    End If
  Next i
chart.png
chart.png (48.64 KiB) Viewed 24420 times
Could you please try the code above?
If you still have problems with it, please try to arrange a simple example project we can run as-is to reproduce the problem here. Or modify the code above with the same purpose.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

Chen Yang

Post by Chen Yang » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:25 am

Hi Yeray,

One of my colleague is working on this and he has the env to reproduce the issue. Can you give me your mail address so my colleague can contact you directly to share his env?

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:46 am

Hi Chen,

Steema Software only provides direct email support to Pro-Support subscribers. You could share your forums keys with your colleague so he can post here as well.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Chen Yang

Post by Chen Yang » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:43 am

Hi Narcis,

I get that you verify with Teechart7 version 7.0.1.6. but we use Teechart7 version 7.0.1.0.3. How can I get the latest version of Teechart7?

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:05 am

Hi Chen,
Chen Yang wrote:How can I get the latest version of Teechart7?
Login into the client area with your license information, the latest TeeChart v7 installer should be listed in the top of the list. Concretelly, the v7.0.1.6 is named TeeChartAX7Update.exe.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

Chen Yang

Post by Chen Yang » Thu May 03, 2012 2:50 am

Hi Yeray Alonso
I couldn't find TeeChartAX7Update.exe in client area.
Can you send it to me via email? my email address is huati02@ca.com.

Thanks
Tiger

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu May 03, 2012 11:02 am

Hi Tiger,

Do you use a TeeChart ActiveX v7 license information to log in the client area?
I think you own a TeeChart ActiveX v2010 license. If you have a v7 license I can't find, you should be able to use it there.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

Chen Yang

Post by Chen Yang » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:17 am

Hi Yeray Alonso,
I have discussed it with my manager.
He disagree to pay money before we verify the problem has been resolved in 7.0.1.0.6.
And if the problem still exist after apply 7.0.1.0.6, we hope you can resolve the problem first.

You can send a trial version to me. If we confirm the problem is resolved, we will pay money for it.

Thanks
Tiger

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:05 am

Hello Tiger,

Excuse me if I wasn't clear enough. I wasn't asking you to purchase anything.
I understood you were using a TeeChart v7. This would mean you already have a TeeChart v7 license, although I haven't been able to find it in our database (probably looking for the wrong email address). If you find your v7 license information, you should be able to log in the client are with it, and the 7.0.1.0.6 installer (TeeChartAX7Update.exe) should be listed there.
If you can't find the v7 license information, please contact the the sales department (sales at steema dot com) and they will hopefully find it for you.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

Chen Yang

Post by Chen Yang » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:12 am

Hi Yeray Alonso,
After my customer applied the latest version of teechart v7, the problem still exist. and he also said the problem still exist in teechart v2010. So I hope you can tell me how you can resolve the problem.

I can describe the problem first.
Normally customer fill in lots of data to teechart. and the chart only display few data. after drill down, the chart can display more data. user couldn't click parts of checkboxes. I had uploaded the screenshot several months ago.

If you can check my customer via one remote seesion. I think you can easily understand the problem.
If you couldn't check my customer, would you please tell me the way how you can resolve the problem?

Thanks
Tiger

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:21 am

Hi Tiger,
Chen Yang wrote:After my customer applied the latest version of teechart v7, the problem still exist. and he also said the problem still exist in teechart v2010. So I hope you can tell me how you can resolve the problem.
Ok, thanks for checking it.
Chen Yang wrote:I can describe the problem first.
Normally customer fill in lots of data to teechart. and the chart only display few data. after drill down, the chart can display more data. user couldn't click parts of checkboxes. I had uploaded the screenshot several months ago.
What drilldown? Do you mean the editor? When the editor is opened, the chart isn't interactive until you close the editor window.
However, I'm not sure this is what you mean, because it happens regardless of the number of series or points you have.
Chen Yang wrote:If you can check my customer via one remote seesion. I think you can easily understand the problem.
We prefer to give support through this forum, for the benefit of all the community.
Chen Yang wrote:If you couldn't check my customer, would you please tell me the way how you can resolve the problem?
As I said in my first reply, we'd need to reproduce the problem here. There are two options for it, assuming the code in that first reply doesn't reproduce the problem for you (if it does, please tell us): (a) Modify the code from that first reply so the problem can be reproduced, and post it here. Or, if you don't find how to reproduce the problem modifying that code, (b) arrange a new simple example project we can run as-is to reproduce the problem here.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

Chen Yang

Post by Chen Yang » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:45 am

Yeray wrote:
Chen Yang wrote:I can describe the problem first.
What drilldown? Do you mean the editor? When the editor is opened, the chart isn't interactive until you close the editor window.
However, I'm not sure this is what you mean, because it happens regardless of the number of series or points you have.
drill down means, there is 1 bar, after 1 clicking on this bar, detailed data will be shown by a number of other bars. For instance, there is 1 bar show 30 in total for 1 vertain month, after drill down, detailed data for every single day of this month will be shown by 28/30/31 small bars.
Yeray wrote:As I said in my first reply, we'd need to reproduce the problem here. There are two options for it, assuming the code in that first reply doesn't reproduce the problem for you (if it does, please tell us): (a) Modify the code from that first reply so the problem can be reproduced, and post it here. Or, if you don't find how to reproduce the problem modifying that code, (b) arrange a new simple example project we can run as-is to reproduce the problem here.
I don't agree with you. If user face one problem, user need write demo codes to reproduce the problem, and send it to you.

Thanks
Tiger

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:32 am

Hi Tiger,
Chen Yang wrote:drill down means, there is 1 bar, after 1 clicking on this bar, detailed data will be shown by a number of other bars. For instance, there is 1 bar show 30 in total for 1 vertain month, after drill down, detailed data for every single day of this month will be shown by 28/30/31 small bars.
I see. But how is this exactly done? There are some unknown details that could be the root of the problem, or at least make the difference between reproducing and not reproducing it.
Chen Yang wrote:I don't agree with you. If user face one problem, user need write demo codes to reproduce the problem, and send it to you.
I'm sorry but yes, a project is the easiest and fastest way to identify a problem. Note an example is transportable and should behave in a similar way in similar environments. However, a description is always subject to interpretations, it may miss important details, etc
Here is quite completely explained why we usually ask for an simple but compilable example to reproduce the problems.
We'll be glad to give it a look at a project if you could arrange one.

Just a note: I've edited your last post, adding [quote*][/quote] tags accordingly, just to make it more readable.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

Chen Yang

Post by Chen Yang » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:10 am

Hi
I also am one support engineer.
When customer find one problem in our product, we need locate the problem via our logs. If the logs could provide enough info. we need send debug module to customer to obtain more info to locate the problem.
If you don't agree with you. I hope to discuss the problem with your manager.
Thanks
Tiger