Library/search path blank after installing v7

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Morten Bergman

Library/search path blank after installing v7

Post by Morten Bergman » Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:46 pm

My Delphi's library path and search path were all gone after installing TeeChart 7 on Delphi 7. Only the new teechart path was showing on both. I tried first with TeeRecompile, then I tried it on another PC with the compiled version, but with same result. Is this a known bug?

Morten

Marjan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marjan » Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:12 pm

Hi, Morten.

Strange. The installer normally simply appends TeeChart lib path to library path and the uninstall procedure simply restores the original settings in registry. Can you check the registry Delphi 7 library path entry ? Does it contain only TeeChart 7 library path ?
If it turns out this is a bug, we'll try to fix it asap and release new installer.
Marjan Slatinek,
http://www.steema.com

Morten Bergman

Post by Morten Bergman » Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:28 pm

As far as I can tell the registry only shows the old path without the teechart path. I am beginning to think that this happened because I had too many entries in my library path. I can't reproduce the problem if I deinstall and reinstall as my path is not the same as it was originally. I'll try to install again on another system and will let you know what happens.

Morten

Sean

Post by Sean » Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:44 pm

I've just installed TeeChart 7 on D7 and the same thing has happened. My Lib path has been reset to just TeeChart.

How can I get my original library paths back as there where quite a few enteries?

Sean.
:?