KeyShift does nothing

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
VH1
Advanced

KeyShift does nothing

Post by VH1 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:54 pm

Hi,

Version 1.1.2117.41652

I have set the Zoom.KeyShift property to a key, however, when running, I press the key and attempt to zoom with the mouse: it appears not to do anything?

Also, attempting to set the property in the designer, to the Shift key, however, the only option is Shift+None, which when selected, the application does not compile.

Thanks,

Vaughan

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:19 pm

Hi Vaughan,

Sorry for not having replied earlier. It was my fault as I forgot about that. We have implemented that feature so that you'll be able to use Shift, Control or Alt keys as KeyShift. This will be included in next v1 and v2 releases.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

VH1
Advanced

Post by VH1 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:28 pm

Still applies to Version 1.1.2531.28391?
I have set the Zoom.KeyShift property to a key, however, when running, I press the key and attempt to zoom with the mouse: it appears not to do anything?

Still applies to Version 1.1.2531.28391?
Also, attempting to set the property in the designer, to the Shift key, however, the only option is Shift+None, which when selected, the application does not compile.
[/quote]

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:13 pm

Hi VH1,

It works fine for me here using latest TeeChart for .NET v1 update build available at the client area and the code below. Have you checked that your project's references have been updated to latest TeeChart.dll?

Code: Select all

tChart1.Zoom.KeyShift=Keys.Shift;
Best Regards,
Steema Software

VH1
Advanced

Post by VH1 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:41 pm

Yes,the only TeeChart reference I have is for version 1.1.2531.28391.

I know that I can do "tChart1.Zoom.KeyShift=Keys.Shift" but that is not the point that I am making here.

It does not matter whcih key I assign to this property, it does not appear to zoom as I would expect. Please can you tell me the process of doing the zoom with this key pressed, perhaps I am missing the point here.

As for the designer issue...

Place a chart onto the form
Goto the chart properties in the Visual Studio. NET Properties window
in Misc section, expand Zoom
From this Properties window, attempt to set the KeyShift property to the "Shift" key.

It is impossible...same goes for Alt and Ctrl keys. All three of these keys have "+None" on the end and if I select one of these the application will not compile unless I change it manually (rendering the designer property useless)

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:49 pm

Hi VH1,
It does not matter whcih key I assign to this property, it does not appear to zoom as I would expect. Please can you tell me the process of doing the zoom with this key pressed, perhaps I am missing the point here.
Using the code I mentioned the chart will only zoom when pressing shift key and the zooming mouse button (default is left-button).
As for the designer issue...

Place a chart onto the form
Goto the chart properties in the Visual Studio. NET Properties window
in Misc section, expand Zoom
From this Properties window, attempt to set the KeyShift property to the "Shift" key.

It is impossible...same goes for Alt and Ctrl keys. All three of these keys have "+None" on the end and if I select one of these the application will not compile unless I change it manually (rendering the designer property useless)
I could reproduce this here and added the issue to our defect list to be enhanced for future releases.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

VH1
Advanced

Post by VH1 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:39 pm

Yes, having followed your example I am still unable to zoom.

Please use the file I uploaded to your server: - WindowsApplication7.zip

I included a bug to allow you to see this property. Please change this line to what you mentioned: -

this.tChart1.Zoom.KeyShift = System.Windows.Forms.Keys.Shift;
Please then tell me if you can still zoom whilst pressing the shift key? (please ensure that the commander has the normal toolbar button selected before attempting to zoom)

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:55 pm

Hi VH1,

Yes, I tested this as well and works as I reported using TeeChart.NET Version 1 Build 1.1.2531.28391 from December 2006.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

VH1
Advanced

Post by VH1 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:11 pm

Unfortunately, I still cannot get this to work with the example I sent to you. So you must have/be doing something in addition.

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marc » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:57 pm

Hello Vaughan,

I see you have posted an update status for many issues reported for TeeChart for .NET v1, many of them originally reported quite some time ago. Thankyou for bringing them to our attention. Several of those issues have been resolved in version 2 since its release in 2005 but have not been retro-applied to version 1. We'll take a look to see what can be applied to v1 in a short timeframe.

Re. this thread:
I have just checked the issue for this thread on the latest update version, Build 1.1.2531.28391 for a new project.

Code used (only code in project, Series designtime added):

private void Form1_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
      tChart1[0].FillSampleValues(10);
      tChart1.Zoom.KeyShift = Keys.Shift;
    }
It appears to work correctly. Zoom is only possible with Shift key applied. Please check that your project is correctly referencing the latest assemblies.

We will look at the other issues on your list.

Regards,
Marc Meumann
Steema Support

VH1
Advanced

Post by VH1 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:24 am

Ok I admit now without a Commander tool, just tested that, and it works. (A zoom rectangle appears and zooms in after releasing of the left mouse button)

However, If I add the code as you mentioned, the zoom rectangle only appears if I press the shift button down and the left mouse button. It will not appear if I do not press the shift button.

Is this the desired behaviour?

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:28 am

Hi VH1,

Yes, that's what I told you yesterday:
Using the code I mentioned the chart will only zoom when pressing shift key and the zooming mouse button (default is left-button).
Best Regards,
Steema Software