TeeChart 2013 AX

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
PrinterGuy

TeeChart 2013 AX

Post by PrinterGuy » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:24 pm

Hello Again!

I have incorporated many of the changes that you (Yeray) suggested on my last posting.
Thanks!

-I want to be able to rotate a 3D Bar Chart around the x-axis to expose or hide (expose less) of the 3D appearance of the individual bars in the series. Is there a property available to do this?

-Once the TChart1.Aspect.Orthogonal = TRUE property is set, the other .Aspect properties appear to be non-functional. Is this true? In other words, once set as "Orthogonal", none of the other 3D .Aspect properties (such as TChart1.Aspect.Elevation, TChart1.Aspect.Rotation, and TChart1.Aspect.Chart3DPercent) appear to have any effect on the generated graph.

-The example that you (Yeray) provided has a 3D effect applied to the X-axis and to the Y-axis. What property do I set and what values do I use to generate this effect?

-I have looked in the docs to try to find a "master" listing of all of the properties, etc., exposed by the very powerful TChart object. Is there a "master" listing available? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks for your help!

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TeeChart 2013 AX

Post by Yeray » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:33 am

Hello,
PrinterGuy wrote:I have incorporated many of the changes that you (Yeray) suggested on my last posting.
Thanks!
Great! You are welcome.
PrinterGuy wrote:-I want to be able to rotate a 3D Bar Chart around the x-axis to expose or hide (expose less) of the 3D appearance of the individual bars in the series. Is there a property available to do this?
This sounds very similar to the point #1 in the other thread:
Yeray wrote:
PrinterGuy wrote:1. I need to rotate the 3D Bar chart on its "Z" axis to achieve a "flatter" perspective.
I guess you just want to change the Chart3DPercent property. Ie:

Code: Select all

TChart1.Aspect.Chart3DPercent = 5
Isn't the suggested property modifying the perspective as you want?
You can also:
- Turn 3D completely off:

Code: Select all

TChart1.Aspect.View3D = False
- Set the chart to non-orthogonal and play with Chart3DPercent, Elevation and Rotation to find the desired perspective.
PrinterGuy wrote:-Once the TChart1.Aspect.Orthogonal = TRUE property is set, the other .Aspect properties appear to be non-functional. Is this true? In other words, once set as "Orthogonal", none of the other 3D .Aspect properties (such as TChart1.Aspect.Elevation, TChart1.Aspect.Rotation, and TChart1.Aspect.Chart3DPercent) appear to have any effect on the generated graph.
No, it shouldn't behave like that. The property that makes Chart3DPercent, Elevation and Rotation to change nothing, is View3D when set to false.
If you still find problems with this, please don't hesitate to let us know.
PrinterGuy wrote:-The example that you (Yeray) provided has a 3D effect applied to the X-axis and to the Y-axis. What property do I set and what values do I use to generate this effect?
I'm not sure to understand this. Do you mean the image I posted regarding point #4 here? I already posted the code I used to generate that chart. Have you tried to use that code in a new simple example project, with just a chart on the form?
PrinterGuy wrote:-I have looked in the docs to try to find a "master" listing of all of the properties, etc., exposed by the very powerful TChart object. Is there a "master" listing available? I can't seem to find it.
I'd suggest you to take a look at the TeeChartX2013.hlp file in the "Docs" folder in the TeeChart ActiveX installation.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy